Surveys are an important aspect for any business, new or old, big or small. “Your customers’ opinions and feedback are one of the most essential components for the sustainability and growth of your business and are considered important throughout the customer lifecycle.” (Ruchika Sharma, HubSpot) Surveys allow companies to receive input from both current and future customers regarding new products/services that are being considered prior to spending too much money in this venture and allow companies to assess how satisfied their customers are with current products and customer service being offered.
Having a well-structured customer feedback survey is important for several reasons including:
- Obtaining more accurate data
- Increased consumers/respondents’ satisfaction
- Facilitate reporting of results
Are you asking your customers the right questions? What do you hope to achieve with the survey data? Who is your intended audience? Do you hope to expand your current market for a product? Are you ensuring customers are satisfied with the product or service you are offering?
These are just some of the questions that need to be considered when your business is creating a survey. The main question is what is the intended purpose this survey will serve in your companies’ overall business strategy. It is helpful to create a list of 3-5 learning objectives to complete this goal. Some objectives could be as follows:
- Product usage – how often does a customer use the product or service, what they like most about it, etc.
- Demographics – where are they from, what age group, are they married, employed, etc.
- Satisfaction scale – on a scale from 1-5 how satisfied are customers with your company’s product, their overall experience, how likely will they recommend the company to a friend or family member, etc.
- Competitor awareness- what other options did they consider, why did they choose your company’s product or service over another, ask them to compare your company’s product with a previous product they bought, etc.
Longevity- Following up with customers can be just as important, you can ask if customers wouldn’t mind completing a future survey regarding how the
y are still liking their product, if changes are made, may you contact them regarding these changes, etc.
Customer Feedback Survey 5 Example Questions:
According to the article written by Justyna Polaczyk in LiveChat Blog on July 28, 2017, the 5 most important questions you should be asking in your customer feedback survey are as follows:
- How likely is it that you would recommend our product/service to a friend or colleague? – This question gives insight into what customers think about your brand and whether or not they would likely recommend it to a friend or family member.
- How do you rate your last experience with us? – This question is important in understanding when a customer has a bad experience with a product or service so you may correct the error or allow them to vent to you rather than post a negative review on social media for others to see.
- If you could change just one thing about our product or service, what would it be? – With this question you can find out about a “customers’ pain points” and show them you care about their opinions and ideas.
- Which other options did you consider prior to choosing our products/services? Customers answers will allow you to see how you compare with your competition. To further evaluate your competition, you could also ask who else they considered going with for product/services or why they left a previous service provider.
- What else would you like us to know? Allows customers to share their thoughts and feel their opinions are valued.
The questions you decide to ask will ultimately depend on the knowledge you want to obtain and your intended audience. The goal is to pick open ended questions, that are clear, concise, interesting to the consumers and specific to a product or experience. Surveys that include icons and star ratings aid in maintaining customer interest and avoiding decision fatigue. Keeping the feedback survey concise is also effective at reducing decision fatigue. This is important as decision fatigue can reduce the accuracy of customer feedback.
Contact us at RavenCSI and our team can help you create an effective customer feedback survey to gain informative customer insights.
Visit for free Demo: https://ravencsi.com/
Contact for free Demo: +1 267 793 1707
Email us: [email protected]